Application Form for Dedicated Sportsman Status from SABU
(ONLY when you
need a new certificate,
e.g. for a new licence application)
Application Form (updated)
Application Criteria and Process
NB. It remains the applicant's responsibility to submit
a list of
at approved shoots.
This will be checked against the official results
on the website.
Requirements for application / Accompanying documents:
- Application form with proper motivation (download form above)
- Proficiency (training) Certificate complying to Unit Standards for Handle and Use of a Rifle / Handgun / Shotgun / Muzzle Loader
(NOT ONLY Knowledge of the Firearms Act !)
- Competency Certificate - Muzzle Loader - COMPULSORY!
- Letter from primary club to confirm paid up status for current year
- Scores / Proof of attendance for past 12 months (you need 6 points to apply)
- Copy of Identity Document
- Copy of a valid firearm licence
- Proof of payment of R50 into the BPSU bank account to cover postage
- Submit to Secretary of the BPSU for processing
Application for Endorsement from SABU - New licences only
Please note this form needs to be submitted to SABU
by the member directly and NOT through the BPSU.
Remember to attach current owner's licence /
gun shop's detail to your application.